In preparation for Halloween trick-or-treating next Monday, the Flower Mound Police Department has published the following Halloween safety tips to keep in mind:
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Avoid masks; they can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Cross the street at corners and make eye contact with drivers to ensure you’re seen.
- Keep electronics at home when trick-or-treating.
- Use glow sticks and flashlights to alert motorists of your presence.
- Adult supervision is key, but if you believe your child is mature enough to trick-or-treat alone, be sure they do so in groups.
- As a motorist, slow way down in residential areas and use extra caution when entering and exiting driveways and alleys.
- Have an adult inspect all candy before eating it and discard any opened or homemade treats.
If there are any other tips you’ve found work to make your trick-or-treating experience more pleasant, feel free to pass those along!